Sunday, February 12, 2017

Prospect Mountain, Lake George NY


Prospect Mountain in Lake George provides multiple gorgeous views of the lake below. There are a few lookout points that you can stop at and admire the view from. The background also provides a beautiful backdrop for portraits – as evidenced from some of the photographs below.

Here are my main tips for going.

1)      Make sure it is open when you plan to go! Prospect closes during the colder months so you want to plan to go during the times it is open. They also close at dusk.

2)      If you go when it’s hot outside, bring water – even if you drive up. You will want it, trust me.

3)      Go during the fall, definitely! The leaves will be changing and the view will be gorgeous.

4)      Bring cash, you have to pay to go up. The last time I went it was $10.

5)      Be respectful of others. There will probably be others up there as well, so just be mindful.

Also, you can go all the way up to the top of the mountain, but I believe you have to take the designated bus up. I have personally never gone all the way up so I am not sure though.






No comments:

Post a Comment