Sunday, February 10, 2019

Valentine's Shoot 2019 - Brady

This year I decided to shoot some Valentine's pictures of my lovely dog, Brady. He had just gotten a fresh haircut a few days prior, so I figured it would be the perfect time to shoot (before he got dirty or messed up his hair). I set him up in a basket filled with blankets downstairs because the lighting was perfectly bright down there at the time I was shooting. For props I decided to use some balloons, pink and red cardboard hearts, a cardboard mailbox, a heart shaped chalkboard, an old teddy bear,  and a Valentine's handkerchief that Brady's groomer gave him. I also had shot some photographs with a heart lamp and a heart pillow, but those didn't make the final cut. Without further ado, here are (in my opinion) the best photographs I've taken of him to date -











In order to get him to sit still for an extended amount of time, I offered him a treat after every pose/prop change. I also let him rest in between shots and when he was ready to stop I didn't push him for more. Pet photography is all about reading the signs they give you and making sure to follow them!


No comments:

Post a Comment