Sunday, January 15, 2017

Hicks Orchard


Hicks Orchard in Granville, NY is a location that holds a special place in my heart. I have many memories of going apple picking here as a child with family, I remember we would all wait to go together (Aunts, Uncles, cousins, siblings, parents, and grandparents). It was always so much fun to go up into the orchard and pick the apples, and sometimes we would even get to make scarecrows too at one the barns. When we were done picking, we would go down to the barn area and get ciders and donuts.








If you want to go and have never been, here are some things I would recommend. I believe that everyone who has tried them would agree that Hicks cider and cider donuts are possibly the best, so I would highly recommend that you try them if you never have before. I would also recommend being careful up in the actual orchard. As seen in some of the photographs, there are apples all over the place on the ground, so watch your footing. There are also some ditches and patches where the grass is tangled, so just be mindful and watch where you are stepping. Making scarecrows was also a lot of fun, granted I haven’t done it in a while so I don’t know if they still do it the same way. The scarecrow barn can also be seen above, as well as the billy goat area – where you have the opportunity to feed them. One thing I will say that is on the con side is that last year when we all went; the bees were crazy. I don’t remember them ever being that bad before, they were all over the place last year. Do you guys have any fun memories from Hicks, or any other place you visited as a child? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment