Sunday, July 9, 2017

Sepia Photography


Sepia is a type of photography that allows for there to be a reddish-brown tint on the finished photograph. Sepia – much like black and white photography – certainly requires a special image, or the effect will be lost in translation. Also like black and white photographs – a sepia filter has the ability to give a photograph a timeless feel. To get the sepia photo finish on the photographs below, I used the sepia filter from the Picmonkey photo editing website.








Here are my top 2 tips for getting a special Sepia photograph –

1)      Do not settle! I will say to date that this is the hardest series of photographs I have worked on for my blog. I went in at the beginning of the week thinking I would just take some photographs and apply the filter and would have what I wanted. I was wrong! While I did get some great images on the first try, I was left feeling like I was missing something. Sepia really does require the artist to feel attached to their image in order for the photograph to work, so keep experimenting with new or old photographs until you have a set of sepia images that you love.

2)      With the Picmonkey sepia filter, you can change the tone of the tint. So, you can make the sepia darker or lighter, and make it appear redder or browner depending on your preferences for the photograph – so don’t be afraid to mess around until you get the right tone!

No comments:

Post a Comment