Sunday, October 1, 2017

Salem, Massachusetts - Halloween Series

Salem, Mass is a place full of rich and terrifying history, and I figured this was a perfect location to kick off my month long Halloween blog series. Salem is known mainly for one thing - witches. When you think of Salem, the Salem Witch Trials is most likely the first thing that pops into your mind. During the 1600's, there was a mass hysteria involving accusing people of practicing witchcraft. This resulted in a long trial, and in the deaths of many innocent people. This trial and the deaths have stuck with Salem all these years later, and as you can imagine, there are a variety of fun and scary activities in Salem. There are many haunted attractions that you can venture through if you are brave enough. Psychic readings are offered basically all over the place, if you are into that kind of stuff. There is also the Salem Witch Museum that you can visit in order to learn more about the trials. Cemetery's are also abundant in this area, and most of them offer tours (day time and night time tours are available, depending upon your preference). There are a variety of other things in this area as well, and I hope to visit again in the future so that I can do and see more! If I do go again, I will eventually write an updated blog post on new things I have found and done in the area.
Here are my top 5 tips for if you plan to visit Salem -
1) Really do your research before visiting, because there was a lot of stuff I discovered after I had been that I didn't have time to do when I was there because I didn't plan very well. 
2) Wear comfortable shoes, as there is a lot of walking involved with this area.
3) Please be careful, especially when you are trying to cross the street. This is a busy area and some people don't watch where they are going.
4) Make sure you have a good amount of cash with you, as some of the attractions will only take cash.
5) Be careful to not get swindled out of your money. Some of the things are just touristy money grabs that you could absolutely skip if you wanted to. For example, if you want to do a psychic reading, make sure you do your research on which ones are the best in that area so that you don't get swindled out of your money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment