Sunday, June 3, 2018

Bubble Photography

I decided to try my hand at bubble photography for this week's blog post. Originally, I had the idea of having Brady pose and blowing the bubbles at him in order to capture him being surrounded by the bubbles. However, this did not go quite as planned for a few reasons. For one, it's hard to get him to sit still for photographs on a good day and then to add in trying to get him to sit still long enough while I blew bubbles and tried to capture a good image made for a recipe for disaster. I had to rethink and had Emily come out to blow the bubbles at him so I could focus on the camera, but he just did not like the bubbles being near him. This finally resulted in me having Emily pose and blow the bubbles, which resulted in these shots:
1/320 sec, f/4.5, ISO 125
1/200 sec, f/5.6, ISO 125
1/200 sec, f/5.6, ISO 125
1/500 sec, f/4.5, ISO125
1/400 sec, f/4.5, ISO 125
1/320 sec, f/4.5, ISO 125
1/320 sec, f/4.5, ISO 125
1/400 sec, f/4.5, ISO 125
Now, when it comes to bubble photography, my main tip is to make sure you have a fairly fast shutter speed - these are the first numbers that are shown on the photographs above. This ensures that you will be able to snap photographs one right after the other, and not have to wait very long for the image to be captured. It also ensures that the bubbles will be very easy to capture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment