Sunday, January 6, 2019

Tripod Review - Vanguard Alta Pro 263AT

Welcome to my first blog post for the year of 2019! I've been meaning to do a review of my (relatively) new tripod, so I figured why not ring in the new year of blogs with it? My sister - and frequent model Emily got this very nice tripod for me for my birthday in November. This model runs around $150 - I know, it's very expensive (but that's because it is pretty good quality). I do obviously have a few cons about it though, but I will touch on those below. Also note that I am still getting used to this tripod, so my opinion on it can change as I use it more.
This is what the tripod looks like when you first take it out and open its legs. 
This is the part where you attach your camera. What I've noticed about this part, is that it takes a while until your camera gets tightened onto it. You have to swivel your camera on it quite a few times to get it to where it won't move around on there. Same obviously goes for taking the camera off. 

These two pictures show what the bottom of the tripod looks like. I like this part because if you twist the rubber part, the sharp part pokes out for more hold on different terrains. 

These are the legs, and the switches you use to extend them. Fairly self explanatory and easy to use. 
The top knob is used for swiveling the head (where you attach the camera) in order to get different angles. The bottom one swivels the top part as a whole 360 degrees. I haven't really used these two parts yet, so I don't have a opinion on them either way. 
This part has to be my least favorite so far. You're supposed to be able to press the button in and it's supposed to allow you to extend your leg up to an 80 degree angle. However, the button only worked for me one time and I since can't get it to press in. I have no idea what happened to it or why it stopped working, but it won't budge! 
The tripod also came with a good quality bag, so that was nice! Other comments that I have on it from what I have experienced so far is that it is a pretty heavy tripod. However, I believe that makes it a sturdier one, so I'm willing to overlook it. Would I recommend this tripod? Overall, yes. It is expensive, so to some it would be an item to save up for - but if you're looking for a pretty good quality and sturdy tripod, this is the one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment