Sunday, October 28, 2018

Salem Witch Trials Memorial

For my last Salem themed post this season, I am dedicating this post to the Salem Witch Trials Memorial. While there, I only snapped a few photographs of the more well known victims, however I do wish I took photographs of all the stones and the surrounding area. I felt a bit somber looking at all the stones and understanding what happened to these people. A lot of the stones had little offerings on them like flowers and some even had healing crystals on them. 
      


On the stones, you can see that it says what happened to the victims. A majority of them were hanged however, Giles Corey was stoned - a tortuous process that was used to get him to confess to the crime of witchcraft. If you would like some more information on the memorial and the victims, here is a website for you to check out - http://historyofmassachusetts.org/salem-witch-trials-memorial/

No comments:

Post a Comment